The WSO2 WSAS & WSO2 Carbon team is pleased to announce the release of version 3.0-beta2 of the Open Source WSO2 Web Services Application Server (WSAS).
This release is available for download at . WSAS is based on revolutionary the WSO2 Carbon  framework, Middleware a la carte'. Now you can adopt the middleware to suite your enterprise architecture. All the major features have been developed as pluggable Carbon components.
1. Based on the OSGi based WSO2 Carbon architecture. This is a unification of all Java based products from WSO2. Now you can have features from the lightweight super-fast WSO2 ESB & the super-cool WSO2 MashupServer, running on your WSAS instance. You can mix and match the functionality you require according to requirements of your enterprise. The middleware can be adopted to your architecture. You could even extend the middleware by developing your own middleware components.
2. Enhanced admin UI
3. Extensible server admin framework
4. Separable frontend & backend - a single frontend server can be used
to administer several backend servers simultaneously
5. Various bug fixes and enhancements.
The full feature list is available at
How to Run
1. Extract the downloaded zip
2. Go to the bin directory in the extracted folder
3. Run the wso2server.sh or wso2server.bat as appropriate
4. Point you browser to the URL https://localhost:9443/carbon/
5. Use "admin", "admin" as the username and password.
6. If you need to start the OSGi console with the server use the property -DosgiConsole when starting the server
1. Data Services definition wizard is not available
All known issues have been filed here . Please report any issues you find as JIRA entries.
WSO2 Carbon & WSO2 WSAS team